Crypt Shyfter: Frostfall Crypt Shyfter: Frostfall

Would jam my Battle axe into Dreadmir's eye again. I've never considered making a text based game before but this was very good. I will have play a few more of them. Good job. I like the layout and colours.

KungFuSpaceBarbarian responds:

Aww yeah beat up Dreadmir and make fun of his mom! Thanks for reviewing :)

'DinoMelt' 'DinoMelt'

Outstanding :D I really love the art/music and gameplay. Game me a serious retro feel, like I was playing sonic and knuckles or something. really nice work. You are an inspiration to shoddy developers like myself :) keep up the good work.

Butzbo responds:

Woah, Thanks!, I'd say the game is heavily influenced by 90s platformers, especially the Super Nintendo/Sega Genesis era, so that's a good sign :)

Rain In The Underground - Legacy Rain In The Underground - Legacy

I really liked this, my favorite game of the Jam so far. The art style is seriously awesome. Is this based on some kind of sci-fy world? The game-play is a bit laggy at times, and sometimes bullets pass right through bots, but its strangely addictive.

pokkalabs responds:

Thanks for your review, glad you liked it! The world is indeed a sci-fy one, however some elements are missing due to time limits of the jam. But there's a chance for this to become a full game with the proper fixes and additions! So stay tuned!

Pinstripe: Chapter 1 Pinstripe: Chapter 1

Few games inspire me these days. But this really made me feel like a kid playing the legend of Zelda for the first time again. Wonder. I also love that the puzzles require thought. today gamer's are spoon fed go here and do this, its nice to actually have to think, explore and discover. Art, dialogue 10/10.

Fleshbound Fleshbound

I wish I could be this inspired, beautiful game. Music/art and gameplay are all top notch for 72 hour project.

Log.A Log.A

I think the voting has been harsh on your submission. There is alot of positives in your game. For a first game its actually quite strong. A lot of gamer's like an intro menu and instructions, which you should add to your next game. If you go into the project system for this game, you can edit the Author comments section and put the instructions in there, a lot of other devs do that for small games like this.

I actually liked the way the game handled, the double jump had a nice feeling to it. colision detection was also very good. I think you should make a version 2 of this game. If you replaced all of the bland visuals with some nice pixel art, add audio for the jumping, add a menu etc and re release the game you will get a much better score.

Great first game, obviously it can be greatly improved, but A+ for effort. Making games is not easy ;) keep up the good work and keep increasing your standards.

Pythlix responds:

Thanks man. I really appreciate it. :)

Goo Bouncing Goo Bouncing

Well done sire, I dont often give five star review but you deserve it. Mechanic was simple yet challenging and each level required planning, never has the reuse of the same mechanic in slightly more complex ways been so fun for me. Really good game design and level design and music choice. Art is probably the weakest point, but its still nice enough to enjoy the game to the fullest. Well done dude. Make more games! and add medals.

FancyReckless responds:

Thanks, glad you liked it.
I going to make my next one with the participation of real artist and medals :)

Heat Guardian Demo Heat Guardian Demo

Visually, the best game I have ever seen on newgrounds. No question. It looked fantastic. I really liked the dark atmosphere and the sounds were good too. Gameplay is tough and unforgiving(in all the right ways). I didn't realize I could use logs to keep me alive for while, then when I did realize it I was like ffs, probably just me not reading the instructions correctly tho. I think when it comes to games, you have the nack ;) I look forward to the finished version.

Isometric Puzzle Isometric Puzzle

Nice, simple yet addictive. Its great to see a game made with HTML5 as well, it loaded fast and ran great for me.

Square Savior Square Savior

I liked it. Its always the little things that make a game shine. The little puff of particles when you land, the sound effects were nicely timed for the jump, landing and killing blocks. I liked the jumping motion, it felt smooth to me. Nice scaling of mechanics as the levels progressed. nice background music, and thank you for providing controls to turn it down.

You may be developing on a 22" but I am playing this on a laptop and I cannot see the entire game area I had to scroll up and down at times to see my character.

The white for the main character is not clear enough, its was difficult at times to see where I was. Either make the grey background darker or make the main character brighter.

It was a bit of a supermeat boy story line rip off :D right down to the mustache on the bag guy :p. Great work for a short project. Its a million times better than most of the construct/unity engine shite that's posted on the site daily.

For a first game its very good. Its a lot better than my first platformers. You have a lot of promise as a developer. Replace all of your sprites with some nice art and animations it will be 4.5/5 from me. To get the 5/5 you would have to come up a new unique game mechanic or challenge. There is simply too many platformers around these days, to get noticed you have to be a little different. But as you said, its your first game, these things will come in time. Great first game effort.

But hey, what do I know :/

PereDM responds:

Waw o-O that was a fantastic review!! I appreciate it a lot! <3

I saw the resolution problem once I had uploaded it, sorry about that. And thanks for making me realize I should have made more contrast between the main character and the platforms.
I didn't take into consideration the fact that not everyone will play the game in a perfectly lighted room and in the same screen. I'll remember that for the nexts projects.

I haven't played supermeatboy (yet) but I guess I might have unconsciously ripped off the story line or characters, since I have seen some footage of it.

And thanks again for all these compliments. I think that the game stands out because I made the prototype very quickly and then spend a lot of time perfecting it and carefully adding details.

For the next projects I'll make sprites and animations (I'm also an artist :D) and I'm already thinking of new mechanics. I was aware that the game wouldn't probably succeed if I didn't invent some new mechanic or innovative idea but I just wanted to have a first game done to get the expirience and skills and be ready for creative, original, more complex games.

Sincere, constructive reviews like this help a lot. I'm glad you liked my game :D